STREAM 2: Integrated Care
Welcome from the Chair
Dr Paul Carroll
GP, Centric Health
FIRE SIDE CHAT:
Leading change in service design
We hear from one of the leaders of the HSE’s change programme on progress on the new regional structures, service redesign, how the new structures will impact staff, patients and local communities
National Director, Change & Innovation, HSE
Working as a system
What lessons can we learn from the history of regional structures in the English NHS? What works, what are the pitfalls? What are the important pre-requisites for successful regional management in the delivery of integrated care?
Head of Strategy, the Nuffield Trust, UK
How digital mental health interventions can address Ireland’s growing waiting times
Research shows that people not only engage well with digital mental health support, but they show recovery. Through HSE’s recently announced national partnership with SilverCloud® by Amwell clinicians can refer to evidence-based digital CBT programmes since April 2021. Our panel discusses how we can balance delivery with proven outcomes to support patients.
Dr. Aoife O'Sullivan
Mental Health Lead, Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP)
GM Policy Implementation, Mental Health Operations, HSE
Chief Science Officer, SilverCloud at Amwell
What changes are needed to integrate services at the frontline?
- What behaviours, incentives, skills and resources are needed to integrate services at the frontline?
- Hear from pioneering teams making integrated care a reality
- The reality of working with communities to transform the design and delivery of care
- Unleashing the power of regional and local leadership and the role of regional healthcare organisations and the relationship between national, regional and local bodies
- Healthy aging and care: New models of care at home, outside of home, implications for care workers
- Supporting primary care and building on what works
Irish Coalition for People living with Obesity (ICPO)
GP and member, Sláintecare RHA Advisory Group
Chief Officer, Community Healthcare East, HSE
Dr. Susan Kent
independent Health Consultant, Clinical Nurse, Associate Professor Nursing, Midwifery, Public & Community Health, Dublin City University. Member of National Screening Advisory Council